Covid 19 – Lockdown in Wales | Important News
Further to the recent Welsh Government announcement regarding the lockdown in Wales, please note that with immediate effect, our branches will be providing a counter service, available for deposits and withdrawals only until further notice. We respectfully request that our valued customers look to transact online, by e-mail, by post or over the phone wherever possible as we continue in our efforts to help keep everyone safe. Customers are now able to make electronic payments from their society account into a nominated bank account. For more information, please visit: https://swansea-bs.co.uk/customer-support/withdraw-monies-fraud-prevention Where a customer needs to open a savings account, this can only be undertaken via the post or by posting documents into a branch office post box. (Existing customers can e-mail a scanned copy of the application form.) Further information is available at: https://swansea-bs.co.uk/about-swansea-building-society/how-apply-for-savings-account
Please note that while our branches continue to be open on weekdays from 9.30am-4pm and closed on weekends, you are able to telephone your local branch to transact on weekdays between 9am to 4.45pm. (Please note our opening hours over the Christmas period are available here).
To assist the Society in our efforts to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus pandemic, there are several ways you can transact with the Society without entering the branch as follows:
- Cheque deposits / Passbook updates – please place your passbook (and if paying in, your cheque(s)) in an envelope and post it in the branch post box – we will send back your updated passbook by post. Please DO NOT pay in cash this way.
- Account opening – please place your completed application form and documents in an envelope and post it in the branch post box – we will post back your documents / passbook.
- General enquiries – please telephone your local branch to speak to a staff member. Details of your nearest branch are at: https://swansea-bs.co.uk/swansea-building-society-contact-and-directions
- Withdrawals by telephone / e-mail – we now offer an electronic nominated bank account withdrawal facility – please telephone your nearest branch for more information or visit: https://swansea-bs.co.uk/about-swansea-building-society/withdraw-monies-fraud-prevention
- Online – we now offer an online banking service – please call your nearest branch for more information or visit https://swansea-bs.co.uk/customer-support/online-registration
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support in helping us ensure our customers and staff stay as safe as possible.