Mortgages for Small Holdings with or without land

We have years of experience of lending to customers who wish to live and work in the countryside. We understand why your clients live in the countryside and why they want to.

Whatever property is owned or might be searching for, the Swansea Building Society can help fund it. From a Country Manor House, a rural property with land and buildings, a smallholding right through to a house with an occupancy restriction i.e. Agricultural Tie or Equestrian Tie, we can help your clients get to wherever they want to be in the Countryside

We’ve helped many owners. These are just some areas where we can help:

  • Purchase a new or alternative property with land and or buildings
  • Re-mortgage or consolidate debt
  • Build a new house
  • Create an ecologically sustainable holding
  • Develop and mobilise redundant buildings for sale or alternative use
  • Create a new enterprise or venture
  • Purchase additional land

Our mortgages are designed around anyone looking to buy a small holding (which has land of up to 100 acres but must not be a full working farm, and we will look at cases where the occupiers keep animals as a hobby so to speak).  We are happy if there is a business run from the property, but the mortgage charged will be at residential rates.  For example, equestrian centre, kennels, cattery etc.  

Furthermore, multiple properties can be on same title and Agricultural ties are accepted. 

Local Mortgage Manager

Please contact your local mortgage manager today for more information.

Alternatively, please complete the call me back page and one of our mortgage managers will contact you.